The Australian National Veterans Arts Museums (ANVAM) is holding the inaugural International Veterans Art Exhibition (IVAE18) during the Invictus Games Sydney 2018 showcasing art by veterans from Invictus Games participating nations over the period 20-27 October 2018.
- be a leader in creating a global movement to unite and support veterans and families through arts engagement;
- recognise and empower veterans through their stories; and
- create an enduring legacy highlighting the benefits of arts engagement.
IVAE18 theme, Make your Mark, is consistent with the Invictus Games Sydney 2018 theme and ANVAM’s logo encouraging veterans to ‘make a mark’ and engage in art.
Invitation to Participate
Veteran artists are invited to submit a digital image of one original art work per veteran artist. Eligibility is open to current or former members of the military services of the 18 nations in the Invictus Games Sydney 2018.
Be part of the international veterans art movement:
- Tell your story
- Be an ambassador for your country
- Showcase your national culture and identity
- Promote the veterans art genre
- Showcase veterans art to the world
- Support veterans art in your own community
Entries will be submitted via online high resolution digital files with accompanying information about the artist and their art work. No original works will be submitted or exhibited in IVAE18.
IVAE18 will be held at the Hyatt Regency Sydney from the 20th to 27th October. The following schedule will apply to submission of entries:
|16 July 2018
||Invitation released to participating countries
|31 August 2018
||Close of submissions to ANVAM for consideration
|7 September 2018
||Selected artists notified
Submission of Entries
Veteran artists submitting works are requested to complete the details, below, and upload a high resolution digital image of their work in jpeg, pdf or png, along with evidence of service. Submission of entries is only available online via www.anvam.org.au/ivae18
Royalty Free License
By submitting an entry for the IVAE18, veteran artists provide the exhibition organisers, the Australian National Veterans Arts Museum, with a royalty free license to reproduce, use and store the art work for the following purposes:
- Exhibiting the work in the IVAE18,
- Retention of the physical reproduced work for ANVAM’s archives or as gifts to the relevant Embassy or High Commission in Australia,
- For promotional material associated with ANVAM, IVAE18 and Invictus Games Sydney 2018,
- For retention in ANVAM’s archives and later reproduction of historical books, records, documentaries and other media about the IVAE18 or Invictus Games Sydney 2018, and
- An online gallery of veterans art submitted for the IVAE18.
Art works will not be reproduced in their own right for sale or inclusion in any merchandise.
Original Art Works
By submitted an entry for the IVAE18 veteran artist warrants that the entry is an original work made by themselves for which they hold Copyright.
Selected works will be reproduced in a consistent 2D size and format for IVAE18. Original artwork may, therefore, be any visual art including 2D or 3D artworks.
Selection of Works
IVAE18 aims to showcase veterans art from around the world with a focus on the range of experiences and cultural diversity of veteran artists in their military service, post military experiences and in art practice. IVAE18 is not a competition. Selection for inclusion in IVAE18 will be based on decisions by the curatorial panel to achieve the stated aim with one work selected from those submitted for each participating nation, up to a total of 18 works in the exhibition.
Retention of Submissions
Entries will be retained by the Australian National Veterans Arts Museum as a record of works submitted to IVAE18. Information contained in submissions will only be used for the stated purposes, that is for inclusion in IVAE18 and for the promotion of veterans arts, which may include:
- Production of a hard copy and/or online catalogue,
- Research into veterans art, which will be subject to appropriate ethics approvals by the researching body,
- Reproduction in historical documents, videos, presentations, documentaries or other media for the purposes of presenting aspects of veterans art to the general public or other audiences.
The privacy of veteran artists is paramount. In making a submission veteran artists approve the publication of information submitted for the purpose of entry into IVAE18.